Ginisang Munggo is one of my husband's favorite dish. It is serve with fried fish and plain rice.
Ginisang Munggo recipe
2 cups Munggo (mung beans), washed
1/2 k. chicken meat, cut into desired pieces
1 cup bittermelon leaves
1 thumb size ginger, crushed
1 medium onion, sliced
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 pcs. jalapeno (siling pangsigang)
8-10 cups of water
3 tbsp. fish sauce
salt and pepper to taste
How to cook GINISANG MUNGGO (Sauteed Mung Beans)
Procedure and cooking instructions:
1. In a casserole, put 5 cups of water and let it boil.
2. When water is boiling, put a pinch of salt and pour the mung beans(munggo) then simmer for 30-40 minutes til the mungbean become soft and the skin removed.
3. Some discard the skin of mung bean but I don't take it out because some says that it is where the nutrients are.
4. While simmering the mung beans, in a skillet, heat cooking oil and saute the garlic, onion, ginger, chicken then put a little salt.
5. When the chicken is tender and light brown, pour now into the casserole to mix with mung bean and simmer again for another 10-15 minutes.
6. When chicken and mung beans are soft and the sauce is thick put now the fish sauce to taste, bittermelon leaves and jalapeno and simmer for another 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Remove from heat and serve hot with rice.
1. Aside from chicken, you can also use pork meat, shrimps, tinapa flakes (smoked fish) and chicharon.
2. Some doesn't like the taste of bittermelon, you can use malunggay (horseradish) leaves, watercress, sweet potato leaves (kamote tops),spinach or even squash flower.
3. Mung bean could be eaten with fried fish as side dish.
4. You can also use bagoong sauce instead of fish sauce.
- How to cook ARROZ CALDO (Broth/Soup Rice)
- How to make BUKO FRUIT SALAD (Filipino dessert)
- How to bake CASSAVA CAKE (Filipino dessert)
- How to cook GINATAANG BILO-BILO (Rice Balls with Coconut Milk)
- How to make HALO-HALO (Filipino cold dessert mix)
- How to cook LECHE FLAN (Philippine version)
- ADOBONG KANGKONG (WATER SPINACH)
- ADOBONG MANOK (Filipino National Dish)
- ADOBONG PUSIT
- BEEF STEAK
- FILIPINO STYLE CHICKEN CURRY
- GINISANG AMPALAYA NA MAY ITLOG (sauteed bittermelon with egg)
- GINISANG MUNGGO (Sauteed Mung Beans)
- GINISANG UPO (Sauteed White Squash)
- KARE-KARE (Filipino dish - stew)
- MECHADO (Filipino style)
- PAKBET or PINAKBET (Ilocano dish)
- PANCIT BIHON GUISADO
- PANCIT PALABOK
- PHILIPPINE SPRING ROLLS (Lumpiang Shanghai)
- PORK BINAGOONGAN
- SINIGANG NA BANGUS (Filipino soup dish)
- SINIGANG NA HIPON
- SINIGANG NA TILAPIA (Tilapia fish sour soup)
- SPAGHETTI (Filipino Style)
ALPHABETICAL LISTING OF ALL MY BLOGS